Obviously, we all know by now that the world has gone mobile. According to Statista, over half of all website traffic was from a mobile device. Thus, it is very important that your veterinary clinic implements a mobile-first communication process, so you can maintain strong communication with your clients.
Below are 5 surprising statistics about texting your clients, providing more insight on how your clients want to be contacted:
- 97% of Americans use text messaging as a form of communication. –Pew Research Center
- 64% of people prefer a text message over voice as a customer service channel, according to Off the Cusp. “The customer is king” and about 64% of people prefer a text message over voice as a customer service channel.
- 23 hours a week is what the average adult spends texting, according to USA Today. This makes texting a great channel to get your message seen by clients.
- 98% open rate with text message, while email only has a 20% open rate (Mobile Marketing Watch). If you want to make sure that a client sees your communications, text messaging is the way to go.
- The average American checks their phone 46 times per day. – Source
Simply put, it’s the most effective way to communicate with pet owners. Study after study shows that people open and act upon text messages at rates far superior to other communication channels. These texting statistics translate into fewer missed appointments, more efficient front desk staff who aren’t wasting time leaving voicemails, and happier customers who appreciate the convenience of texts.